One of the best ways to treat your face to reduce fine wrinkles, pigmentation and scaring is a Glycolic acid peel says Dr Gladstein. Glycolic acid is organic fruit acid that helps to exfoliate the top layers of the skin.
The process of achieving desired results occurs over a period of time. The patient starts off with a 20% concentration of the fruit acid upon initial treatment and on subsequent visits the concentration is increased. There is no down time to this treatment says Dr Gladstein, the patient can go to work the next day and intervals between treatment is about 2 to 3 weeks.
For people of fair skin tones, this treat significantly reduces fine lines, pigmentation and superficial acne and for dark skin tones, Glycolic acid peels help to even out the the skin tone and dark spots from sun exposure.
In between treatments, there are quite a number of products that the patient can use to maintain the results of the treatment, ultimately reducing the number of doctor visits says Dr Gladstein
The cost he says cost about $70 and it is not covered by medical insurance. On average 3 to 4 treatments are required and the process takes a few minutes.
Dr Michael Gladstein is located in Astoria, Queens. To lean more about this Dermatologist and make an appointment, visit AstoriaSkinCare.comRead Also
- Vietnam: Stop Blocking ‘Human Rights Picnics’
- International community must not become 'numb' to atrocities in Syria – UN rights chief
- Sudanese activist held incommunicado at risk of torture
- UN report confirms nearly 200 women and girls raped by Congolese troops, rebels
- Zambia urged to release two men charged with same-sex sexual conduct